CHIEF IDEA OFFICER & CEO
Meet James - The Custodian of Culture and Chief Idea Officer of one of the fastest-growing private companies in Canada.
With humble beginnings of acquiring a failing gelato shop in the midst of a recession with $1800 in his pocket, James’ disruptive vision for doing business differently, honesty in craft, and creative innovation of the Consumer packaged goods space, has charted a course for Fiasco's business model and led to its success.
Being a serial entrepreneur, his career started shovelling walks to help pay the rent, then bagging groceries on his 14th birthday for $5/hr. After a few other endeavours that always had the intention of helping others, James landed on his feet with Fiasco, and drew on his prior knowledge of building brands like Kicking Horse Coffee, to help draw the blueprint. Taking that knowledge and infusing it with lessons in leadership ranging from Nelson Mandela to Richard Branson, his creative and innovative approach to vision and people has led to building something that matters.
A man of passion and enthusiasm, James leaves it better than he found it. Bringing his dream of a “not-only-for-profit” business that not only sells great products but helps make the world a better place is now a reality.
AWARDS & HONOURS
- 2013 - Avenue Magazine's Top 40 under 40 Class
- 2014 - ATB We Grow Alberta Award Recipient
- 2014 - Calgary Chamber Breakout Business of the Year Recipient
- 2015 - Branded Magazine Game Changers Award Recipient
- 2016 - Alberta's Top Young Innovators Honorary Award Recipient
- 2017 - #62 on the Canadian Profit 500. #2 in Calgary. Achieved 1224% growth over a 5 year term.
- 2017 - EY Entrepreneur of the Year Finalist Nominee.
- 2018 - CULT Emerging Brand Recipient
- 2018 - Startup Canada High Growth Award (Prairies Region)
- 2018 - Certified Great Place to Work